Since 1973 the CPIM program has educated more than 90,000 manufacturing professionals on essential terminology, concepts, and strategies related to demand management, procurement and supplier planning, material requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, sales and operations planning, master scheduling, performance measurements, supplier relationships, quality control and continuous improvement.
Benefits and Learning Objectives
With an APICS CPIM qualification individuals will:
- Improve efficiency across the processes of their organisation’s supply chain
- Increase profitability by optimising their organisation’s inventory investment
- Maximise ROI on systems and technologies
- Predict outcomes more accurately
- Amplify functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Achieve greater confidence and industry recognition
- Have accelerated career development and better employment opportunities
With an APICS CPIM qualification organisations will:
- Create a common understanding, vocabulary, processes and frameworks within their entity to address their supply chain challenges and opportunities
- The proven knowledge and organisational skills to strategically streamline operations
- The tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities where suppliers, plants, distributors and customers are located around the world
The APICS CPIM programme is divided into five process orientated topic areas to provide participants with the best possible educational assessment and knowledge base.
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
The basic concepts in managing the complete flow of materials in a supply chain from suppliers to customers. Supply chain concepts are introduced and basic terminology emphasised, as are relationships among activities in the supply chain.
- Master Planning of Resources
The topics of demand management, sales and operations planning and master scheduling are examined in-depth.
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
Inventory management, materials requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, procurement and supplier relationships.
- Execution and Control of Operations
The principles, approaches and techniques needed to schedule, control, measure and evaluate the effectiveness of production operations.
- Strategic Management of Resources
Strategic planning and implementation and a look at how market requirements drive the resources and processes of an organisation.
Certification and Exam Information
The APICS CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) programme focusses on an organisation’s internal operations taking an in-depth look at the production and inventory activities within the internal operations of a company providing a comprehensive view of materials management, master scheduling, forecasting, production planning and much more. To date, over 100,000+ professionals are CPIM certified.
To earn the APICS CPIM designation, operations management professionals must successfully pass five exams.
Why choose Industry Forum?
Industry Forum is an approved APICS Channel Partner offering a comprehensive range of Supply Chain training and consultancy services.
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, construction, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Supply Chain Management with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Course booking details
Enquire for further information