This globally recognised course is focussed on the knowledge and skills required by those either involved in planning or who need a good understanding of planning techniques. This is one of the core modules in the APICS CPIM programme but is also a valued subject in its own right.
In Master Planning of Resources participants explore and learn to apply the principles of demand management, sales and operations planning, master scheduling, distribution planning and to identify conditions that require action. This module evaluates knowledge of both supply and demand planning for mid to long-term independent demand.
This course consists of eight sessions covering a wide range of topics in detail. Topics include forecasting demand, demand management and customer service, distribution planning, S&OP and master scheduling, managing master scheduling and many more.
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Recognise all demands for goods and services to support the market place
- Bring together all the plans for the business
- Plan the distribution network and replenishment
- Understand the various functions within a company such as purchasing, planning, finance and engineering which are linked by the MPR system
- Improved understanding of your organisation’s supply chain
- How to streamline operations through accurate forecasting
- Improved knowledge and organisational skills to strategically streamline operations
- Knowledge of the tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities where suppliers, plants, distributors and customers are located around the world
- An understanding of how to interact with existing resources and your MPR system to increase the efficiency of the workplace
Who Should Attend?
Master Planning of Resources is suitable to those who work in a supply chain planning environment or require a fuller understanding of management and planning in regard to demand, procurement, supplier and materials requirement.
A recognised subject within its own right, this course is also one of the core modules in the APICS CPIM programme and is ideal for those who wish to gain CPIM in bite sized pieces.
Industry Forum, Your APICS Channel Partner
Industry Forum is an approved APICS Channel Partner offering the full range of module training in the CPIM designation.
Our trainers are expert practitioners with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.