This globally recognised course is focussed on the knowledge and skills required by those either involved in scheduling, or who need a good understanding of scheduling techniques. This is one of the core modules in the APICS CPIM programme but is also a valued subject in its own right.
Detailed Scheduling and Planning provides participants with a working knowledge of the tools and techniques for inventory planning, including planning techniques such as MRP, CRP, Lean and TOC. Participants understand the effect of using each technique, know standard measurements for inventory, materials, capacity, supplier performance and recognise when to escalate issues.
This course consists of nine sessions covering a wide range of topics in detail. Topics include inventory policies and planning, using the material planning process, MRP mechanics, MRP outputs and managing projects, detailed capacity planning and management, supplier relationships and many more.
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Recognise all demands for goods and services to support the market place
- Plan inventory tactics including MRP, CRP, Lean and TOC
- Bring together all the plans for the business
- Plan the distribution network and replenishment
- Improved understanding of your organisation’s supply chain
- Ability to streamline operations through accurate forecasting
- Planning, scheduling, resource allocation and implementing projects that are used to manage the supply of products and services
- Managing inventory, planning material requirements, planning capacity requirements, procurement and supplier planning
- Recognising the importance of supply chain management and deploying supply chain strategies related to scheduling, planning and sourcing
Who Should Attend?
Detailed Scheduling and Planning is suitable to those who require a broader knowledge of the tools and techniques involved in detailed planning or who wish to understand more about this area.
A recognised subject within its own right, this course is also one of the core modules in the APICS CPIM programme and is ideal for those who wish to gain CPIM in bite sized pieces.
Industry Forum, Your APICS Channel Partner
Our trainers are expert practitioners with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.