The Basics of Supply Chain Management course delivers the foundations of supply chain management to a globally recognised standard. It is the first module in the APICS CPIM programme but is equally valued as a standalone qualification. This course delivers the level of understanding which all supply chain professionals should aim to achieve.
The basic concepts in managing the complete flow materials in a supply chain from suppliers to customers are covered. This course covers manufacturing, distribution, service and retail industries. This includes the fundamental relationships in the design, planning, execution, monitoring and control that occur.
This course consists of ten sessions covering a wide range of topics in detail. Topics include manufacturing planning and control, MRP to ERP, demand manufacturing, master planning and S&OP, MS & MPS, capacity planning, aggregated inventory management, purchasing and distribution, lean and quality systems and many more.
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Understand the various functions within a company (such as purchasing, planning, finance, engineering) that are linked by the ERP system
- Gain the knowledge to apply the principles of ERP software based upon, including lessons covering various functions within a company (for example, purchasing, planning, finance)
- Improved understanding of your organisation’s supply chain
- Ability to streamline operations through accurate forecasting
- Improved knowledge and organisational skills to strategically streamline operations
- Knowledge of the tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities where suppliers, plants, distributors and customers are located around the world
- An understanding of how to interact with existing resources and your ERP system to increase the efficiency of the workplace
- The skills to create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology and corporate-wide communication
Who Should Attend?
Basics of Supply Chain Management is suitable to those who work in a supply chain planning environment or require a fuller understanding of management and planning in regard to demand, procurement, supplier and materials requirement.
A recognised subject within its own right, this course is also one of the core modules in the APICS CPIM programme and is ideal for those who wish to gain CPIM in bite sized pieces.
Industry Forum, Your APICS Channel Partner
Industry Forum is an approved APICS Channel Partner offering the full range of module training in the CPIM designation.
Our trainers are expert practitioners with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Course Dates & Availability*
|30/09/2019 - 03/10/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£1,099 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book Now|