This course is designed to provide essential knowledge on the Supply Chain and Procurement functions within a manufacturing operation. Covering a range of topics appropriate to these roles this is an ideal base from which to develop an effective operational business contribution.
- Understanding the role of Supply Chain in a Procurement environment
- Manage the make or buy decision
- Create an effective Purchasing strategy
- Select the most secure, cost effective sourcing option
Who should attend?
Supply Chain and Procurement specialists who are responsible for planning the supply chain strategy and sourcing materials and services. This includes buyers, supply chain planners/engineers, procurement and supply chain managers.
Benefits and Learning Objectives
- Learn how to identify, prioritise and manage Supply Chain risks to improve security of material supply.
- Develop an understanding of Purchasing and Sourcing strategies.
- Through spend analysis and cost avoidance optimise your overall Procurement spend.
- Define the role of Supply Chain and Supply Chain Engineering
- Define the Purchasing function & create an effective Purchasing strategy
- Describe Purchasing’s role with other business functions
- Define the Sourcing process
- Detail the steps in making the make-or-buy decision
- Develop a cost avoidance and spend analysis
- Effectively score capabilities, select the optimal supplier and engage in effective negotiations with a supplier
- Distinguish between different types of supplier relationship and define supplier relationship management (SRM)
Upon completion of the course you will receive an Industry Forum (Supply Chain Planning & Procurement Essentials) Certificate.
Why choose Industry Forum?
This course makes extensive use of APICS Principles of Operations Management materials.
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, construction, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Supply Chain Management with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Course booking details
|27/06/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£349 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book Now|
|20/11/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£349 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book Now|