This two day Sales & Operations Planning Course gives participants an opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the Sales & Operations Planning process from beginning to end. You will be introduced to the fundamentals of the S&OP process in both make-to-stock and make-to-order environments. The focus is on S&OP teams and companies who aspire to introduce the process to their organisations.
Sales & Operations Planning is the single process to engage all functions in creating aligned, forward looking plans and making decisions that will optimise resources so as to achieve a balanced set of goals.
As a S&OP Practitioner you will learn practical steps for successful implementation, as well as common mistakes to avoid.
Who Should Attend?
As S&OP affects all aspects of the business operations this course is suitable for many. This is suitable for executive leaders from all business functions who have ownership in the process as well as those in a Supply Chain and Procurement role.
Benefits and Learning Objectives
Through classroom discussion and practical, hands-on exercises the S&OP Course will enable participants to:
- Explore in detail how to use the five step S&OP process
- Use a hands-on approach that emphasizes simulated problem solving and team collaboration
- Assemble agendas and conduct S&OP meetings
- Apply S&OP grids to perform simulations
- Arrive at a successful S&OP process output that can be used to drive marketing, sales, and operations until the next S&OP meeting
By the conclusion of the workshop, participants will acquire a basket of practical tools to make their S&OP programs work more smoothly, enhance forecast accuracy, increase productivity, and reduce operational costs.
- S&OP Foundations
- Define sales and operations planning (S&OP)
- Describe S&OP detailed planning process
- Identify S&OP planning inputs
- Identify S&OP historical input data
- Understand S&OP outputs and how to use them successfully
- Understand the S&OP grid
- Understand the full S&OP process
- Define the different roles and responsibilities of those involved
- Practical application of S&OP
Upon completion of the course you will receive an Industry Forum Principles of Sales & Operations Planning Practitioner Certificate.
Why Choose Industry Forum?
Industry Forum is an approved APICS Channel Partner offering a comprehensive range of Supply Chain training, audit and consultancy services.
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Supply Chain Management with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have all been through the APICS Instructor Development Programme.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
- Bookings must be made by midnight on the 31st March 2019
- Bookings must be made via the Course Booking Form using code ‘LAUNCH’
- For more information about this offer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting LAUNCH in the email
- Offer can be used for two delegates on the same course or one delegate on two courses.
- Offer open to SMMT and none SMMT members
- SMMT members receive the usual 10% discount as standard in addition to this offer
Course booking details
|27/03/2019 - 28/03/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£599 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book by Email|
|12/06/2019 - 13/06/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£599 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book by Email|
|13/11/2019 - 14/11/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£599 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book by Email|