Material Requirement Planning (MRP) is a vital component in the supply chain. It acts as the systematic bridge between master planning, purchasing and production. MRP helps determine requirements and maintain priorities.
The Introduction to Materials Requirement Planning course assists experienced planners, beginners and other manufacturing professionals to understand the fundamentals of MRP. Through classroom discussion and practical, hands-on exercises, this course will help attendees gain a firm understanding of the principles and functions of MRP in the manufacturing process.
Who Should Attend?
The course is ideal for experienced practitioners or as a refresher along with people new to supply chain and professionals from other areas such as Operations Managers, Finance and Engineers who want a basic understanding of MRP.
Benefits and Learning Objectives
- Understand the objectives and functions of MRP
- Work with the different types of demand placed on the inventory resources of the company
- Use MRP-generated action messages when performing MRP output maintenance
- Determine when it is time to release manufacturing and purchase orders
- Develop performance measurements to determine the effectiveness of the MRP in priority management
By the conclusion of the course, attendees will have acquired practical tools to make MRP environments work more smoothly, increase productivity and reduce operational costs.
- Define MRP
- Map the flow of MRP
- Detail MRP objectives and functions
- Work with MRP inputs and outputs
- Use bills of material, lead-time offsetting and exploding
- Work with the MRP planning grid calculations
- Perform the MRP BOM explosion process
- Define the role of the MRP planner
- Understand the causes of MRP change
- Detail the MRP planning process
Upon completion of the course you will receive an Industry Forum Principles of Materials Requirement Planning Certificate.
Why choose Industry Forum?
Industry Forum is an approved APICS Channel Partner offering a comprehensive range of Supply Chain training, audit and consultancy services.
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Supply Chain Management with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have all been through the APICS Instructor Development Programme.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
- Bookings must be made by midnight on the 31st March 2019
- Bookings must be made via the Course Booking Form using code ‘LAUNCH’
- For more information about this offer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting LAUNCH in the email
- Offer can be used for two delegates on the same course or one delegate on two courses.
- Offer open to SMMT and none SMMT members
- SMMT members receive the usual 10% discount as standard in addition to this offer
Course booking details
Duration: 1 day
|26/03/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£349 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book by Email|
|11/06/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£349 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book by Email|
|12/11/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£349 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book by Email|