This course provides an introduction to the Principles of Inventory Management and aims to give all delegates a functional knowledge and understanding of inventory management, control principles, roles, responsibilities, and techniques leading to greater input in the overall Supply Chain strategy of an organisation.
Inventory Management is a key strategic enabler in a company’s ability to design their manufacturing process, deliver to customer expectations and minimise overall costs. By using these techniques the company will gain better understanding across inventory management fundamentals, ordering techniques, replenishment policies, purchasing management and inventory performance measurements.
Who Should Attend?
As inventory management affects all aspects of manufacturing and service operations this course is aimed primarily at professionals from the disciplines of:
- Supply Chain
- Customer Service
- Warehouse Management
Benefits and Learning Objectives
Benefits to the Professional
- Greater understanding of the goals and objectives of inventory management
- Introduction to the tools and techniques of inventory management
- Learn how to manage and control inventory accuracy
- Identify and correct inventory bubbles
- Optimise inventory levels to support customer expectations
Benefits to the Organisation
- Implement an inventory management process across your organisation
- Capability to understand and implement Cost of Goods Reduction (COGS) programmes
- Trained resources to provide accurate and real time inventory reporting
- Improve working capital requirements
- Enhance Customer Service
- Fundamentals of Inventory Management
- Purpose and functions of Inventory Management
- Inventory replenishment techniques
- Inventory Control Process
- Introduction to the tools and techniques of Inventory Management
- Performance metrics and calculations
- The hidden costs of Inventory Management
Upon completion of the course you will receive an Industry Forum Introduction to Principles of Inventory Management.
Why Choose Industry Forum?
Industry Forum is an approved APICS Channel Partner offering a comprehensive range of Supply Chain training, audit and consultancy services.
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Supply Chain Management with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have all been through the APICS Instructor Development Programme.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Duration: 1 days
|09/04/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£349 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book Now|
|26/06/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£349 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book Now|
|19/11/2019||Birmingham (UK)||£349 (ex. VAT)||Spaces Available||Book Now|