There are various ways in which projects can be approached and a host of ‘methodologies’, ‘frameworks’ and ‘processes’ have been developed over the years. While every project is unique there are a number of core Project Management principles which underpin successful projects.
With this course we aim to build a strong foundation of these Project Management principles, which will help you in successful implementation within your respective project environments.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for:
- Individuals responsible for projects as project leaders or managers
- Project sponsors held accountable in their roles for successful projects
- Cross-functional members within project implementation teams.
- Project support members involved in providing admin support or conducting internal audit on projects can equally benefit from this course
Examples of typical functional roles that will benefit from this course are project managers, leaders, project admin, project support, project sponsors, quality engineers, design engineers, manufacturing engineers and supplier development engineers.
Benefits and Learning Objectives
Whether it is a continuous improvement project, new product launch or equipment introduction or even a business organisation change, it will require controlled implementation in a cross functional team environment to achieve the defined objectives. Project teams with a good understanding of project management principles are more likely to deliver project output(s) on time to schedule and in budget.
- How projects are defined and why are they different from business as usual?
- Project lifecycle overview and how all projects relate to a basic project life cycle structure
- How project management roles and responsibilities are defined?
- Cross-functional involvement and decision making in projects
- The process steps involved in building a project plan
- Key project management tools
- Project control and close down
The course will combine presentations, exercises and discussion to maximize learning outcomes.
Upon completion of the course you will receive an Industry Forum Project Management Principles Certificate.
Why choose Industry Forum?
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Project Management skills and disciplines with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Course booking details
To ensure you get the most from this course, it is usually run on your premise so that you can benefit from applying the learning to your specific manufacturing environment.
Please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)121 717 6600 for more information about this course or arrange a no obligation discussion.
- +44 (0)121 717 6614