This module is designed to ensure that the Product Design & Development team has the necessary knowledge and essential skills appropriate to their role to effectively contribute to successful new product launch.
The Product Design & Development module forms part of the NPLX (New Product Launch Excellence) Programme.
Who should attend?
Individuals who are responsible for designing systems, processes and methodologies as well as component and vehicle designers.
This module is aimed at individuals from organisations who design and develop their own products and have design authority for New Product Launches.
Benefits and Learning Objectives
The NPLX programme up-skills suppliers and provides the catalyst for dramatic improvements in new product launch capability.
This will enhance the overall performance for the customer, environment and transform concepts into prototypes for testing.
The Product Design & Development module aims to ensure that the Product Design & Development team have the skills and tools to effectively launch new product design and development projects supporting successful new product launch and understand:
- How to set design reliability & quality goals
- How to implement Value Management
- How to conduct FMEA and Lessons learned associated with NPI
- How to Manage the Customer
- Business impact and programme review (roadmap)
- Problem solving and visual management
- Value management: value analysis and value engineering
- Design, reliability and quality goals
- Statutory, regulatory requirements and record retention
- Special product and process characteristics
- Managing the customer relationship
- DFMEA (risk management in design) and system FMEA
- Design for manufacture and assembly / manufacturing feasibility
- Design verification planning and reporting (DVP&R) and prototype builds
- Part approval process
- Application of lessons learned and continuous improvement
- Control plans
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners, all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience, Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, construction, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in New Product Introduction with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Course booking details
|No available dates for this course at present|