A major change in IATF 16949 is that it incorporates many best practices that were once customer specific requirements. The goal of integrating these requirements is to promote industry standardisation and streamline the number of customer-specific requirements. Standard Work is one of these newly added requirements. In section 126.96.36.199, it states that “The organisations shall ensure that standardised work documents are: –
a) Communicated to and understood by employees
c) Presented in the language of the personnel responsible to follow them
d) Accessible for use at the designated work area(s).
The term Standardisation is often misunderstood and therefore poorly implemented by many organisations.
Standardised work is often thought to be mainly a set of instructions for the operators. It evokes images of industrial engineers with stopwatches spying on the workforce by squeezing out of them every second of productivity.
However, one of the most powerful uses of standardised work is the identification and elimination of waste.
Until standards are defined in any operation, it is not possible to truly make improvements.
This workshop is designed for anyone looking to gain a deeper understanding of the concept of Standard Work. It specifically focuses on demystifying some of the tools traditionally used by academics and management consultants, by providing practical advice and guidance.
Benefits & Learning Objectives?
This one day workshop adopts the “Learn through doing” approach. It provides the delegates with a deeper understanding of some of the key concepts of Standard Work For IATF16949, through instructions, discussions and small-group activities.
At the conclusion of this workshop, you will be able to:-
- Correctly select the appropriate standardisation techniques suitable for your environment, to enable to effectively ensure that your process is consistent and your results are predictable.
- Understand the fundamentals of standardisation and its importance in the foundation of any Continuous Improvement program
- Prepare standardised work forms.
- Introduce standardisation techniques to improve: –
- Waste elimination
- Sustainability of improvements
- Predictability of results
- The basic concept of Standard Work.
- The difference between work standardisation and standardised work.
- The main elements and documents for establishing Standard Work
- The requirements for Standard Work
- Standardisation techniques and how to choose the appropriate ones
Who Should Attend
Middle, senior production managers, or Continuous Improvement managers, who wish to gain a deeper understanding of how to introduce, support, and implement standardisation
Certification and Exam Information
Delegates will receive a “Standard work for IATF16949 – Are you ready?” attendance certificate, underwritten by SMMT Industry Forum. There are no formal examinations.
Why choose Industry Forum?
Our consultants are expert practitioners with significant hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every workshop we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Here are some of the reasons why delegates would recommend us:
- High level of trainer experience and competence
- Practical group exercises
- Working as a team in role play
- Proven track record of training
- Case studies that put theory into real life situations
- Comprehensive course content
Workshop booking details
Workshop duration: 1 day
Price per delegate: £375 with 15% early bird if booked before 31st August 2018
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list|
Open courses are delivered at our modern Learning Centre on Birmingham Business Park with easy access to major road, rail and air networks. Our naturally lit, air-conditioned training rooms enable you to concentrate on your learning in the best possible environment with excellent facilities, refreshments and plenty of workspace.
Depending on your specific requirements and location, we can also conduct on-site workshop at your own premises, saving you both time and travelling costs. You can choose different delivery methods, from one-to-one coaching or small group activities, dependent on your requirements allowing you to tailor the training to the specific needs of your team.
- +44 (0)121 717 6617