Rules for SMMT Industry Forum’s Discussion Forums
These rules (Rules) set out the terms for use of the SMMT Industry Forum Discussion Forums (the Forums), which apply to all users. Any submission of material by you to the Forum means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
The Forums are a site operated by SMMT Industry Forum Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8229698 and we have our registered office at 71 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2BN.
The Forums are not moderated. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any Contribution submitted to the Forums and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Forums by any person in contravention of these Rules. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third party rights.
We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Forums by any person in contravention of these Rules.
Submission of Contributions
To add a Contribution to a discussion, please click the ‘Reply to post’ link at the bottom of the post page.
There is no limit to the length of a Contribution.
If you would like to start a new thread for discussion, please select the section of the forum that you wish your subject to appear within and click the ‘Add a new topic’ link at the bottom of the Forums page.
Before making a Contribution you must register with the Forums by completing the registration form. Your user name and dedicated avatar, if selected, will appear as part of your Contribution when published.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. SMMT IF will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from SMMT if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Board, you agree to grant SMMT IF a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, SMMT IF will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. SMMT IF may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards set out above, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Forums, you are warranting that you have the right to grant SMMT IF the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to SMMT IF, please do not submit the Contribution to the Forums.
Breach of these Rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Forums.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Forums.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Forums, please contact us at email@example.com. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above (see section “Breach of these Rules”). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Changes to these Rules
We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.