We have developed this handy FAQ in order to answer your questions about the AIAG/VDA FMEA alignment.
Will the new AIAG/VDA FMEA replace the current version AIAG 4th edition?
- The new book has been released as AIAG/VDA FMEA 1st edition 2019 and is not designed to be the 5th edition version for the current blue books.
- The current version of AIAG blue book 4th edition will no longer be subject to update but still remains current and relevant at the present time and mandated by some OEMs.
- IATF are not mandating this as the approach to FMEA and the approach to FMEA will still be driven by the Customer Specific Requirements.
Has the new approach been mandated?
- No, it is not mandated by any OEMs to adopt this approach at present and is not mandated by IATF.
- Organisations will only need to meet this requirement if their customer mandates it in the future, or they choose to adopt this approach. Again, this would be subject to agreement with the customer.
Will SMMT Industry Forum be offering training?
- Yes, SMMT Industry Forum offers an AIAG/VDA Combined FMEA Awareness Course (1 Day) which is intended for delegates who have knowledge of the current approach to FMEA to explain how the new approach affects them.
- We will be delivering the new AIAG & VDA Process FMEA: Transitioning for Practitioners (2 Day) training on how to create and fully implement the new AIAG/VDA approach.
Will SMMT Industry Forum’s current FMEA training include the new approach?
- The current version of our FMEA training is based on the AIAG FMEA 4th edition which remains current and applicable to industry; we will include some references to the new AIAG/VDA approach to outline the main differences. Delegates will need to attend either the 1 day awareness or 2 day practitioner course to fully understand the differences in approach.
Why is SMMT Industry Forum continuing to deliver the AIAG FMEA 4th edition training?
- We are continuing to deliver the current AIAG 4th edition to ensure our delegates meet their current customer specific requirements which still subscribe to the 4th edition approach.
Will the publication be included in SMMT Industry Forum’s courses?
- The publication is not included as part of the course. If you’d like to purchase the publication you can do so by visiting our web shop.
If you have any other questions, please contact our expert team on email@example.com