A recent survey, carried out by The Open University, found that half of all UK roles have been affected by the pandemic and that a change in skillset may be required for as many as five million employees. As such, a quarter of the UK workforce is taking part in online training to boost their employability.
In response to this, we have launched both virtual, instructor lead, courses as well as a range of self-directed, introductory ‘e-Learning’ modules, in order to provide a flexible approach to learning, as well as full certification. By investing heavily in the highest quality platforms, we can ensure that we continue to deliver relevant, world-class training across every manufacturing discipline, providing delegates with the same top-quality training that we also provide in person.
Our e-Learning programs consist of a number self-directed, bite-sized modules, providing key, basic information, and are an ideal starting point for employees with little, or no existing knowledge in the subject area, and who want a flexible approach to training. For those with more experience, virtual training is instructor-led and provides a similar experience to face-to-face courses, while reducing the effort and cost of learning for the employer.
Manufacturing employees are able to attend full courses in one session or pick and choose courses and modules, in quality and auditing, maintenance, team leadership, supply chain, new product introduction and project management, based on their specific needs and desired level of certification. Importantly, the courses we’re offering include training to support the latest government-funded NMCL supply chain support programme.
The following courses are suitable for any sector of manufacturing. Details regarding a number of Automotive and Aerospace specific courses can be found via www.industryforum.co.uk/courses/
Virtual, instructor-led courses:
- Core Tools Certification Training (APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA and PPAP)
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Training
- Sigma Yellow Belt Training
- Six Sigma Green Belt Training
- Team Leader Essentials Training
- New Product Introduction Web Briefing
- New Product Introduction Essentials Training
- NPI Project Management Essentials Training
- Inventory Management Essentials
- Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) Essentials
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Essentials
‘E-learning’, self-directed online modules:
- Core Tools Fundamentals eCourse (APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, SPC, MSA, PPAP) eCourse
- Core Tools: Auditing
- IATF 16949 Auditing Fundamentals
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation & Distribution (CLTD)
A bit more about the author: Paul Heard, SMMT Industry Forum, Chief Executive Officer
Before taking the helm at Industry Forum, Paul was formerly President of Automotive Tier 1 supplier Futaba UK and has worked for more than 20 years in management and consultancy roles at companies including EV Cargo, QT Consulting, Futaba subsidiaries and Tenneco Automotive. He has a track record of leading multi-million pound businesses within complex supply chain ecosystems and a wealth of experience delivering successful business transformation programmes across multiple sectors