As a leading provider of Business Improvement solutions, Industry Forum works with a number of strategic partners on a global basis to meet the specific needs of our customers.
SMMT IATF OVERSIGHT
SMMT IATF Oversight was established by IATF in 1999 as one of the five (UK, USA, France, Germany, Italy) global oversight offices to administer the IATF ISO/TS16949 Certification scheme.
The Oversight offices were established to:
- Conduct office assessments and witness audits of the certification body
- Provide interpretations and guidance through the issuing of Sanctioned Interpretations (SIs) and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Manage the IATF database to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Monitor certification body activities
- Qualify 3rd party certification body auditors
- Handle the application of new Certification Bodies
APICS is the leading professional association for supply chain and operations management and the premier provider of research, education and certification programs that elevate supply chain excellence, innovation and resilience. APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and APICS Supply Chain Operations Reference Professional (SCOR-P) designations set the industry standard. APICS is transforming the way people do business, drive growth and reach global customers.
Sharing In Growth (SIG)
Sharing In Growth UK Limited is a unique venture wanting to make a difference to the UK aerospace manufacturing supply chain.
SMMT Industry Forum is proud to have been selected as one of the delivery partners for the innovative and ambitious Sharing in Growth programmes in the Aerospace and Civil Nuclear sectors. Both of these programmes will raise the capability of progressive UK Aerospace and Civil Nuclear suppliers so that they can take full advantage of the anticipated growth in their sectors.
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Ltd
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) supports and promotes the interests of the UK automotive industry at home and abroad. Working closely with member companies, SMMT acts as the voice of the motor industry, promoting its position to government, stakeholders and the media.
One of the largest and most influential trade associations operating in the UK, SMMT’s resources, reputation and unrivalled automotive data, place it at the heart of the UK automotive industry. It undertakes a variety of activities to support and represent the interests of the industry and has an ongoing history of achievement.
Through representation to UK government and the EU, national and international events, reliable automotive data, technical information and practical advice, SMMT plays a central role in the working life of the motor industry. Whether the industry is your business or it impacts on your organisation in any way, SMMT can deliver real benefits to help your company thrive in today’s demanding climate and meet the challenges of the future.
The UK Automotive Council
The United Kingdom Automotive Council was established in December 2009. Its establishment was a key recommendation of the industry led New Automotive Innovation and Growth Team (NAIGT) which reported in May of that year.
The Automotive Council aims to:
- Create a transformed business environment for the automotive industry in the UK to provide a more compelling investment proposition for related industries
- Develop further the technology roadmaps for low carbon vehicles and fuels, and exploit opportunities to promote the UK as a strong candidate to develop these and other technologies
- Develop a stronger and more competitive automotive supply chain
- Provide a stronger public voice for the industry to support the value of the industry to the UK and to global partners
- Ensure a strategic, continuous conversation between Government and the automotive industry in the UK
The Japan Institute for Plant Maintenance
The objective of JIPM is to support the organisation of the production base, reducing risk and improving Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) in manufacturing industries. This is undertaken by conducting research and studies into manufacturing maintenance techniques and recognising excellence through various awards, including the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) award.
TPM was introduced by JIPM in 1971 and is defined as ‘the ultimate method of pursuing production efficiency’. It is intended to encompass the entire company from the shopfloor to the executive boardroom, creating a true company wide commitment to production excellence, and is designed to avoid any losses by creating a culture of ‘zero accidents, zero defects and zero breakdowns’.
The Aerospace, Defense, Security and Space Industries
The ADS is the premier trade organisation advancing the UK Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space industries. Farnborough International Limited (FIL), which runs the Farnborough International Airshow, is a wholly-owned subsidiary.
The industries represented by ADS are vital to the UK economy and are major drivers of growth and prosperity. The sector activities within ADS are designed to respond to the priority needs indicated by Members. It is also important to bring the sectors into focus for senior policy makers. The following priority objectives are designed to give focus to the work ADS undertakes:
- Improve the image and profile of our industries
- Influence the policy debates of most importance to our industries
- Support UK manufacturing and our industries’ supply chains
- Encourage investment in technology and innovation
- Support business development opportunities nationally and in priority international markets
- Increase Member value
Charity Partner – Acorns
Industry Forum is proud to actively support Acorn Children’s Hospice. Established in 1988, Acorns Children’s Hospice Trust is a registered charity offering a network of care for life limited and life threatened children and young people, and their families, across the heart of England. These children and young people are not expected to reach adulthood and require specialist care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In the last year Acorns has supported over 700 children and more than 1,050 families, including those who are bereaved.
Acorns is the only organisation that provides this level of care to these vulnerable youngsters whilst offering a range of support services to the whole family to help them cope at every stage of their child’s life and beyond into bereavement.
Acorns relies on the community to fund the majority of its activities.