If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
Who should attend?
Benefits and Learning Objectives
- Define the role of Supply Chain and Supply Chain Engineering
- Define the Purchasing function & create an effective Purchasing strategy
- Describe Purchasingâ€™s role with other business functions
- Define the Sourcing process
- Detail the steps in making the make-or-buy decision
- Develop a cost avoidance and spend analysis
- Effectively score capabilities, select the optimal supplier and engage in effective negotiations with a supplier
- Distinguish between different types of supplier relationship and define supplier relationship management (SRM)
Upon completion of the course you will receive an Industry Forum certificate of attendance.
Why choose Industry Forum?
This course makes extensive use of APICS Principles of Operations Management materials.
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Training can be offered either through open courses or in-house to suit the customer requirements.
- Offer open to SMMT and non-SMMT members
- Cheapest course is free
- Offer can be used for two delegates on the same course or one delegate on two courses – Note. If one delegate is attending two courses then the first course must be attended before the end of June and the free course must be attended before the end of 2019 (course schedule available at www.industryforum.co.uk )
- Bookings must be made by midnight on the 30th June 2019
- Bookings must be made via the Course Booking Form using code ‘LAUNCH’
- Industry Forum reserve the right to amend, extend or remove the offer at any time
- SMMT members can use this offer in addition to any other SMMT Membership offers applicable to them
Course booking details:
|Date & Time||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|20/11/2019 - 20/11/2019 09:00 - 17:00||Birmingham, United Kingdom||£349||Spaces Available||Book|
- +44 (0)121 717 6600