If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
Who should attend?
To make the six sigma approach more accessible the Industry Forum Green Belt programme is built around the use of Microsoft Excel software rather than Minitab statistical software. The programme comprises five days training supported by coaching, mentoring and assessment support as shown below. The training phase is phased over a two month period with coaching activities taking place between sessions:
Day one Introduction -
- Six Sigma Overview, Structure and ISO Standard
- Introduction - Certification Requirements
- Define - Critical To Quality Characteristics (CTQCs) and Voice Of Customer (VOC), Project Charters (Project Refinements), SIPOC and Process Mapping, Cause and Effect Matrix, Waste and Value Analysis
- Define - Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Measure - Data Types - Distribution Curves - Sampling, Data Collection Plan, Measurement System Analysis
- Analyse - Capability, Data Trails and Charts, Cause and Effect Diagram / 5 Why Analysis
- Improve - Mistake Proofing, Alternative Idea Generation, Solution Selection, Pilot and Validate Improvements
- Control - Statistical Process Control (SPC), Standard Work
- A review of the DMAIC process and tools used, a final exam which is based on this 5 day training programme, a review of individual project and discussion on next steps
To receive Green Belt certification, each learner will need to pass the end of training knowledge examination and to then complete a Green Belt standard project. Learners should identify a suitable project with their line manager prior to the first training session. Following the first training phase this can then be developed into the formal project charter.
A good green belt project should:
- Be aligned to the working environment of the learner
- Be targeted to close a gap between current and business target performance in a business process, where a tangible financial impact of improvement can be determined
- Tackle a problem where the cause of the problem or gap is not clearly understood
- Not have a defined solution easily identifiable
- Be suitable for data analysis activities to measure and analyse the problem
- Show evidence of process variation or inconsistent performance
- Be suitable for completion within the required timescale
- Be in an area where the learner can make change happen and will be able to implement improvements
- Have support resource available to assist the learner if required in delivering the project
Project Support and Certification
It is typically anticipated that learners complete the Green Belt project over three to four months after the initial training. Industry Forum supports learners during this implementation phase through a combination of group coaching and individual reviews. This ensures that learners can complete each phase of their projects to a strong standard and be confident that the phase outputs will support the next stage of activity.Where learners are based remotely from the main training location, this may include internet based communication such as Skype or 'Go To Meeting' to minimise travel implications.
Why choose Industry Forum?
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
This course is run in-house. Please contact us to arrange a confidential discussion around your needs.
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
- +44 (0)121 717 6600