If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
About the QRM Institute
The QRM Institute is an international network of organisations who work together to spread Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM) to as many companies and professionals as possible. The QRM Institute organises workshops, training and conferences, provides educational materials and certifications, conducts research and publishes articles.`
The QRM Institute is proud to announce that Dr. Rajan Suri, founder of Quick Response Manufacturing, has agreed to serve as Special Advisor to the QRM Institute Board.
About the QRM Training and Certification Programme
The QRM Institute offers four levels of training and certification. After being completed successfully, these training courses lead to an official certified degree by the QRM Institute. The four levels are shown in the diagram below and more details of these can be found on the QRM Institute web page.
The QRM Institute Silver Course
The QRM Institute Silver ® Course combines theoretical knowledge of QRM principles, with practical applications through exercises and simulations. It illustrates the transformation of a cost-centric traditional organization (shop floor or support services) into an agile QRM-cell organization, focused on the reduction of the lead time.
The QRM approach is not about working faster, but about working better together. In order to simplify operations and streamline the company's processes - both internally and externally (suppliers and customers) - by creating a motivating and sustainable collaborative dynamic.
The primary goal of the QRM strategy is to grow the business by focusing on reducing the lead times in all processes. The QRM method reduces delays by eliminating unnecessary time seen by the customer: the so-called white space.
If you are faced with ever more personalised customer requests with short deadlines, then the QRM method is most suitable for you.
Who Should Attend:
This course is aimed at anyone within the following roles:
- Continuous Improvement
- Supply Chain
- Human Resources
- Financial Managers
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
The QRM Institute Silver ® course enables you to respond better to the challenges and demands of customers who are moving towards high mix / low volume environments.
After the completion of this Silver ® course you will be fully equipped to support a QRM-implementation project, perform a full QRM-analysis and start a project under the guidance of an internal QRM Institute Gold ® graduate or external QRM consultant. The participants will acquire the basic implementation, change management skills and can play an active role in organising a QRM Cell.
By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Understand the deployment roadmap of a QRM project
- Understand the origin and 4 founding principles of QRM
- Acquire techniques and tools for analysing flow time through your process (MCT)
- Learn and implement the laws of System Dynamics
- Learn and implement the keys for cellular organisation
- Better understand the chemistry of people-to-people interactions, team development keys and the Quick Response leadership style
- Become a QRM Ambassador in your company and support the transformation at all levels (operational, management, executive, etc.)
- Able to start a QRM project, playing an active role in organising a QRM Cell.
The main benefits of this course are:
- From day 1 you will learn to think in a different, more market-oriented manner;
- ‘Thinking in Time’ opposed to ‘thinking in Costs’;
- Become independent in measuring how time flows through the process of your organisation;
- Immediately take steps in shortening the lead time;
- Develop a critical view on the implementation of improvements;
- Determine an efficient action plan to simplify the way you operate, and keep the flow moving no matter what.
- Introduction to the QRM Environment
- QRM Core Concept 1: Highlighting the power of time
- QRM Core Concept 2: Creating the right organisational structure
- QRM Core Concept 3: Exploiting system dynamics for better decisions
- QRM Core Concept 4: Building a company-wide strategy
- Simulation – Social Dynamics (Team, Leadership, Change)
- Social Dynamics (Team, Leadership, Change) – How to Start QRM
Through this program you will get the possibility to pass the final examination and receive the official QRM Institute digital honorary badge and certificate. You will complete the specific course when you have accomplished the following:
- when you have attended 75% of all classes
- passed the theory exam with a sufficient score of 70%.
The final examination consists of both a written theory exam and a practical assignment, in which you demonstrate how you are able to apply the theory in your own practice. The participant will demonstrate his or her skills in conducting a detailed QRM analysis and evaluate various options for improvement and precautions, in order to successfully implement the QRM approach in their own organisation.
Why Choose Industry Forum:
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, construction, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Supply Chain Management with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Course Booking Details:
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT! : All bookings made before 31st March 2020 will receive a 10% discount
The course duration is 4 days (2 modules of 2 days each), including homework to be completed in-between the modules. The dates of part 1 and part 2 are as follows:
Part 1: 13th-14th May 2020
Part 2: 17th-18th June 2020
As part of the course cost you will also receive:
- Support (by e-mail or telephone) between the face-to-face events
- The book ‘It’s about Time’ by QRM founder Dr. Rajan Suri. This book is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch or Polish and we will contact you following your booking to find out language you require
- Delegates will receive a QRM Binder containing all the materials and handouts from the course
- Recommended hotels nearby to the venue which offer a discount to delegates will be provided as part of your joining instructions following your booking.
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
- +44 (0)121 717 6600