If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
NPI projects are often not given sufficient priority in the business to have specific project management resource allocated. It often falls to design and development engineers to run projects in amongst their other responsibilities, without the cross-functional support for project activities or escalation of issues. This can result in a late launch into manufacturing with incomplete information and a stressful push through the final production stages in an attempt to deliver on time to the customer. Effective project management requires an agreed approach, clear communication, defined resources and strong support from the management team.
- Limited awareness of project management principles in teams
- Need project manager role to be established
- Limited project planning skills with work breakdown and activity planning
- Limited effective project / programme monitoring and reporting
- Limited stakeholder management and communication
- Limited consideration for managing project risks, lessons and changes
Expected Benefits of this course
- Improved project management effectiveness to ensure projects are properly planned, controlled and delivered to customer and business requirements
- Less surprises requiring expensive reaction or delaying project delivery
- Team ownership of risk, reducing stress on individuals
- Skills to introduce formal lessons learned approach resulting in reduced issues discovered at later stages of projects
- Effective resource utilisation for project change management
- Build change management as a structural part of New Product Introduction process
Who should attend:
This course is intended for anyone involved in implementing, managing or directing projects in an organisation.
- Introduction to NPI delivering launch Excellence – Best practices with some common challenges faced in implementation
- Project management principles to cover:
- Project lifecycle overview
- Project planning phase in lifecycle
- Project assign phase in the lifecycle
- Project monitoring phase in the lifecycle
- Project control phase in lifecycle
- Project risk management to cover
- Risk management theory and approach (formal training)
- Risk identification, assessment and management
- Risk categories and response types
- Risk register, risk threshold matrix
- Project lessons learned to cover
- Lessons learned methodologies for you to try out for yourselves
- Opportunity to reflect upon the wider context of lessons learned
- Understanding how we integrate lessons learned into a knowledge “database”
- Understanding some of a workshop Facilitator’s general tools and techniques
- Project change management to cover
- Understanding Change control in Project Management
- Understanding the value of using risk and impact analysis
- Review of project change management approach and define improvement actions
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
- Introduction to NPI model for launch Excellence
- NPI Project management Pillar overview
- Understanding of Project management principles
- Understanding of Risk Management in projects environment
- Understanding of Lessons learned in projects environment
- Understanding of project change management
- Participated in interactive activities to evaluate
Why choose Industry Forum:
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners, all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience, Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, construction, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world's most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in New Product Introduction with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Course booking details:
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
If you are booking an instructor led class and the venue states ‘Virtual’ then please see the technical requirements below. Please note that this technical requirements below does not apply to eLearning courses :
Virtual Class Technical Requirements
To access a virtual class you must have the following:
- A PC or laptop with good (1Mbps or more) internet access
- A microphone and speaker or headset (recommended)
- Webcam (preferably)
- A Chrome web browser
- Ability to access Google drive (you do not need a personal account but your laptop / PC must not block access
- +44 (0)121 717 6600