If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
The pressures and requirements of the automotive industry demand a structured and more agile approach to New Product Introduction. Effective Project Management is therefore key to the success of any New Product Launch programme.
Delegates who attend this course will learn the tools and techniques required to succesfully manage a New Product launch programme within an automotive manufacturing environment.
The NPI Programme Management module forms part of the NPLX (New Product Launch Excellence) Programme.
Who should attend:
Individuals who are responsible for co-ordinating and controlling a new product launch project of new and modified components from concept to post production launch.
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
The NPLX programme up-skills suppliers and provides the catalyst for dramatic improvements in new product launch capability.
The NPLX Programme Management module aims to ensure that individuals who are responsible for co-ordinating and controlling New Product Introduction projects understand:
- How to manage NPI projects
- How to implement an effective gated NPI process
- How to manage the risks and lessons learned associated with NPI
- How to Measure the effectiveness of the NPI process
- Business impact and programme review roadmap
- Risk management principles
- Part approval process
- Problem solving
- Management commitment, organisation capability and senior management expectations for NPI
- Measures to deliver and sustain NPI
- NPI management system – Stage gate process
- Application of lessons learned and continuous improvement
- Managing the customer
Why choose Industry Forum:
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners, all seasoned exper engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience, Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, construction, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in New Product Introduction with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
If you are booking an instructor led class and the venue states ‘Virtual’ then please see the technical requirements below. Please note that this technical requirements below does not apply to eLearning courses :
Virtual Class Technical Requirements
To access a virtual class you must have the following:
- A PC or laptop with good (1Mbps or more) internet access
- A microphone and speaker or headset (recommended)
- Webcam (preferably)
- A Chrome web browser
- Ability to access Google drive (you do not need a personal account but your laptop / PC must not block access
- +44 (0)121 717 6600