If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
The new standard ISO 45001:2018 is set to have a significant impact on how organisations worldwide, operate a health and safety management system.
The discipline of occupational health and safety (OH&S) is finally getting its own international standard and adds to existing ISO management system standards for quality, environment and other schemes.
Complying with the requirements of ISO 45001 will bring benefits for organisations and their workers around the world. At the same time, it will present new challenges and opportunities for OH&S and audit professionals.
This course is designed to provide organisations and individuals a summary overview and understanding of the principal changes when transitioning from established health and safety management systems such as OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018 and organisations who are implementing ISO 45001:2018 for this first time.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all organisations who have implemented, or want to implement, a health and safety management systems with a view to meeting the requirements of ISO 45001:2018.
The course is suitable for:
- All who have a role and responsibility for managing health & safety within their organisation.
- Internal auditors who conduct internal audits within an organisation and need to understand the requirements of ISO 45001:2018
- Top management who need to understand their role for leadership and participation and consultation of workers
Upon completion of the course you will receive an Industry Forum ISO 45001:2018 Attendance Certificate.
Benefits and Learning Objectives
Course attendees will gain an understanding of the key fundamental requirements of ISO 45001:2018, and how to implement these changes into their Health & Safety Management System.
Course attendees will be provided with information on how the significant changes affect their internal audit processes and the subsequent challenges facing implementers and assessors along with how organisations must ensure that the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 are integrated into business processes.
The course will provide an overview of ISO 45001:2018 and its requirements and an overview of Annex SL with a clause-by-clause evaluation of the international standard.
Topics covered will include:
- Overview of ISO 45001
- Annex SL
- Leadership & worker participation
- Context of the organisation
- Expectations or interested parties or stakeholders
- Consultation and participation of workers
- Risk-based approach
- Improvement Challenges facing implementers and assessors & OH&S-specific requirements including:-
- Identification of applicable legislation and regular verification of compliance
- Identification and evaluation of OH&S hazards
- Internal and external communication
- Operational control of hazards and management of change
- Control of outsourcing, procurement and contractors
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Continual improvement of the organisation’s OH&S performance
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners, all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience, Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, construction, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Management Systems with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
If you are booking an instructor led class and the venue states ‘Virtual’ then please see the technical requirements below. Please note that this technical requirements below does not apply to eLearning courses :
Virtual Class Technical Requirements
To access a virtual class you must have the following:
- A PC or laptop with good (1Mbps or more) internet access
- A microphone and speaker or headset (recommended)
- Webcam (preferably)
- A Chrome web browser
- Ability to access Google drive (you do not need a personal account but your laptop / PC must not block access
- +44 (0)121 717 6600