If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This is a 4 day course delivered in partnership with Horiba-Mira. This functional safety training course draws on direct practical experience of applying the standard with delegates benefiting from HORIBA MIRA’s collective experience of automotive functional safety and ISO 26262 which currently totals over 200 years gained in vehicle manufacturer and supplier environments.
“Learn about this important standard from the world’s leading international functional safety experts who are directly involved in preparing the standard.”
This course is newly updated for Edition 2 and provides the latest insights and updates on the standard from the world’s leading international functional safety experts who are directly involved in preparing the standard. Since the publication of ISO 26262 in 2011, it has been rapidly accepted as the ‘state of art’ in developing safety-related electrical and electronic systems in road vehicles. Edition 2 of the standard is now close to publication with scope extensions to the majority of road vehicles (trucks, buses and motorcycles are now all in scope) as well as additional guidance on application of the standard to the design of semiconductor devices.
Who should attend:
- Project managers
- Compliance specialists
- Hardware developers
- Software developers
- Support functions e.g. purchasing, quality
- Automotive functional safety – what is it and why does it matter?
- A brief history of the development of ISO 26262
- The relation of ISO 26262 to other standards and guidelines
- Introduction to key concepts of ISO 26262 including safety lifecycle, ASILs, safety goals and safety requirements
- The detailed requirements of each part of ISO 26262
- Overview of Part 11 (Guidelines for application ISO 26262 to semiconductors) and Part 12 (application to motorcycles)
Why SMMT QMD:
In order to strengthen the services we provide to the UK's automotive quality management specialists and further underpin the competitiveness of UK manufacturers, SMMT Industry Forum has created SMMT QMD, its new Quality Management Division.
SMMT QMD was launched at the inaugural Automotive Quality Management Systems Conference in Birmingham in November 2018 and aims to ensure that the UK automotive industry plays an active role in the development and governance of national and international automotive standards.
SMMT QMD will provide a community of practice to directly support UK quality professionals, ensuring standards are effectively implemented and improving competitive performance.
As such, SMMT QMD will now provide the following services:
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
Course Booking Details:
This course is £1,600 per delegate and will be delivered at the Mira Technology Institute in Nuneaton.
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
If you are booking an instructor led class and the venue states ‘Virtual’ then please see the technical requirements below. Please note that this technical requirements below does not apply to eLearning courses :
Virtual Class Technical Requirements
To access a virtual class you must have the following:
- A PC or laptop with good (1Mbps or more) internet access
- A microphone and speaker or headset (recommended)
- Webcam (preferably)
- A Chrome web browser
- Ability to access Google drive (you do not need a personal account but your laptop / PC must not block access
- +44 (0)121 717 6600