If you would like to find out more about this course then please click the Enquire button.
This half-day, certified e-learning course has been designed to introduce metrology – the science of measurement – and explore its value for industry, the economy, science and society. It introduces practical guidance that will help trainees to improve measurement procedures within their day-to-day work and support successful everyday measurements.
Who should attend:
Those working in measurement or related roles, on the manufacturing shop floor, inspection departments and apprentices.
- Identify what metrology is and its value to macroeconomics, quality of life and science.
- Differentiate each of the seven SI base units and the methods currently used to realise them.
- Recognise the value of the international metrological infrastructure, organisation and distinguish the concepts of ‘traceability’ and ‘calibration’.
- Apply fundamental practical guidelines, essential for good measurement practice
Delegates will receive an NPL Certificate of Completion.
Course Booking Details:
|Introduction to Measurement and Metrology||50% off - £149.50 until 31st December 2020 (was £299)||Book|
If you are booking an instructor led class and the venue states ‘Virtual’ then please see the technical requirements below. Please note that this technical requirements below does not apply to eLearning courses :
Virtual Class Technical Requirements
To access a virtual class you must have the following:
- A PC or laptop with good (1Mbps or more) internet access
- A microphone and speaker or headset (recommended)
- Webcam (preferably)
- A Chrome web browser
- Ability to access Google drive (you do not need a personal account but your laptop / PC must not block access
- +44 (0)121 717 6600