If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This is a 1 day course delivered in partnership with Horiba-Mira that will help you to prepare for Edition 2 of ISO 26262. This course will enable delegates to understand the importance of functional safety in the automotive industry, why compliance with ISO 26262 is important and the ‘top 10’ implications for a company seeking to comply with the standard.
This version of the course is specifically designed to give an engineering overview of the subject.
Who should attend:
Anyone requiring awareness of Functional Safety and an overview of ISO 26262.
- An introduction to the subject of functional safety
- The principles of functional safety in the automotive industry
- The position of ISO 26262 and its relation to other standards, guidelines and legislation along with certification or approval requirements
- Introduction to key safety-relevant concepts such as notions of hazard, risk and risk reduction
- The key issues in implementing ISO 26262
- Brief overview of each part of ISO 26262
Why SMMT QMD:
In order to strengthen the services we provide to the UK's automotive quality management specialists and further underpin the competitiveness of UK manufacturers, SMMT Industry Forum has created SMMT QMD, its new Quality Management Division.
SMMT QMD was launched at the inaugural Automotive Quality Management Systems Conference in Birmingham in November 2018 and aims to ensure that the UK automotive industry plays an active role in the development and governance of national and international automotive standards.
SMMT QMD will provide a community of practice to directly support UK quality professionals, ensuring standards are effectively implemented and improving competitive performance.
As such, SMMT QMD will now provide the following services:
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
Course Booking Details:
This course is £480 per delegate and will be delivered either virtually, or at the Mira Technology Institute in Nuneaton.
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
If you are booking an instructor led class and the venue states ‘Virtual’ then please see the technical requirements below. Please note that this technical requirements below does not apply to eLearning courses :
Virtual Class Technical Requirements
To access a virtual class you must have the following:
- A PC or laptop with good (1Mbps or more) internet access
- A microphone and speaker or headset (recommended)
- Webcam (preferably)
- A Chrome web browser
- Ability to access Google drive (you do not need a personal account but your laptop / PC must not block access
- +44 (0)121 717 6600