If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This Electric Motor (EM) Manufacture course is a one-day, advanced-level technical course designed to teach you how to design for manufacture, build, and run production of electric motors, particularly for electric vehicle solutions.
The course will include topics such as AC vs DC motors, motor construction, motor supply, motor control, types of motor, self-commutated externally commutated motors, EMs advantages vs traditional ICE components and a look at today’s global EM market.
This course is delivered in partnership with HSSMI.
This course course will cover the following topics:
- Brief history of the EM
- DC vs AC motors
- Motor construction (rotor, bearings, stator, air gap, windings, commutator)
- Motor supply/motor control
- Types of motor
- Self-commutated motors and externally commutated motors
- Special motor types
- EMs advantages vs traditional ICE components
- Today’s global EM market
Who should attend:
This course is intended for:
- Project Managers
- Commercial staff looking to build on their technical understanding
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
Delegates will learn to:
- Understand the inner workings of an electric motor, and how the choice of different materials and components affects its operation.
- Successfully learn design for manufacture, optimising processes, labour and machine choices to operate efficient, sustainable and high-speed manufacturing.
No existing knowledge is required to undertake this course.
Why choose SMMT QMD:
- An industry association for quality managers
- Training, professional development and resources
- Practical help and support
- Course booking details:
Course Booking details:
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
04/11/2020 - 04/11/2020
08:30 - 12:30
|SMMT Industry Forum||Virtual (UK time)||£150||Spaces Available||Book|
If you are booking an instructor led class and the venue states ‘Virtual’ then please see the technical requirements below. Please note that this technical requirements below does not apply to eLearning courses :
Virtual Class Technical Requirements
To access a virtual class you must have the following:
- A PC or laptop with good (1Mbps or more) internet access
- A microphone and speaker or headset (recommended)
- Webcam (preferably)
- A Chrome web browser
- Ability to access Google drive (you do not need a personal account but your laptop / PC must not block access
- +44 (0)121 717 6600