If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
- Phase one looks at project planning and definition resulting in project scope, project resources and project timings being identified
- Phase two sees the design and development of the product becoming the focus for activities. This results in product drawings and specifications being released. It is also at this phase when a Design Failure Modes Effects Analysis (DFMEA) would be created in support of the design activities.
- Phase three deals with the design and development of the process or process changes and the outputs from this stage include items such as process flow, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and the pre-launch control plan.
- Phase four is about the validation of the process and it is at this point a significant production run takes place to confirm that the resultant product and process has the potential to produce conforming product at the required rate under production conditions. It is also at this stage when the product quality planning activities culminate in the customer approval activity also known as PPAP. Successful PPAP flags a project as being fit for entry into production.
- Phase five which covers the continual improvement of both product and process focussing on improvements in safety, quality, delivery and cost
Failure to apply APQP can lead to problems when you ramp up your manufacturing production volumes, which in turn can lead to an increase in cost and fire-fighting to put right issues that could have been identified at the outset if a robust APQP process had been applied. Effective planning along with the utilisation of a cross-functional team at the start of a new project dramatically increase the project’s chances of success.
This standard establishes requirements for performing and documenting APQP and PPAP. APQP begins with conceptual product needs and extends through product definition, production planning, product and process validation (i.e., PPAP), product use, and post-delivery service. This standard integrates and collaborates with the requirements of the 9100, 9102, 9103, and 9110 standards.This standard was created to define the aviation, space, and defense process requirements for Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). PPAP is an output of APQP confirming that the production process has demonstrated the potential to produce products that consistently fulfill all requirements at the customer demand rate.
Who should attend:
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
- APQP Process Overview
- 5 Phases of APQP
- Inputs and Outputs for each of the 5 phases
- APQP linkages to Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Control Plans (CP), Statistyical Process Control (SPC), Mesurement Systems Analysis (MSA) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Key Characteristics and Critical Issues identification
Upon completion of the course you will receive an Aerospace APQP certificate of attendance from Industry Forum
Why choose Industry Forum:
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Training can be offered either through open courses or in-house to suit the customer requirements.
Course booking details:
|Date & Time||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|No available dates for this course at present click here to join the waiting list.|
- +44 (0)121 717 6600