If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
Who should attend:
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
- System for defect prevention
- Purpose of Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Requirements from AS13003 and AS9145
- Linkages to zero defects
- Data types
- Choosing measurement system analysis types
- Calibration vs MSA Understanding variation and resolution
- Sample selection, sample numbers
- Within part variation
- Fixtures and flexible components
- Appraiser selection
- Accuracy, bias, linearity, stability and precision
- Repeatability and reproducibility
- Study approaches - Variable and Range
- Factors driving measurement
- Average and range study (tolerance study)
- Acceptance criteria (TOL study)
- Mitigation for poor results
- Gauge study relationships
- Resolution checking and accuracy ratio
- Feature categories
- Resolution and accuracy acceptance criteria
- Number of distinct categories (NDC)
- When MSA should be applied and pre-requisites
- Study planning and training
- Environmental impacts
- Average and range study (total variation)
- Understanding variation sources (EV, AV and PV)
- Analysis of results and Mitigation strategies
- Acceptance criteria (TV study)
- Gauge study relationships
- Anova study
- Limitations of measurement
- Statistical software
- Benefits of graphical representation
- Nested studies (destructive testing - non repeatable)
- MSA read across
- Gauge R&R for coordinate measuring machines (CMM)
- CMM programme verification
- Attribute studies
- Visual inspection
- Attribute Agreement Analysis - Kappa study
- Acceptance criteria (Kappa study)
- Gauge performance curves
Upon completion of the course you will receive an Industry Forum AS13003 MSA Practitioners Certificate.
Why choose Industry Forum:
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Aerospace Management Systems with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Training can be offered either through open courses or in-house to suit the customer requirements.
Course booking details:
Please note that the following dates will only run subject to sufficient bookings being received.
|Date & Time||Company||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
19/10/2020 - 20/10/2020
08:30 - 16:30
|SMMT Industry Forum||Virtual (Asia CST)||£475||Spaces Available||Book|
- +44 (0)121 717 6600