Duration: 2.00 days
If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
This course covers the training syllabus requirements of AS13000 8D Problem Solving Requirements for Suppliers. The AS13000 standard mandates the use of the Eight Disciplines (8D) approach to structured problem solving to provide a repeatable structured approach irrespective of customer.
The 8D approach provides organisations with a step by step approach to problem solving activities:
- D0 – Implement Immediate Containment and Prepare for 8D
- D1 – Form the Team
- D2 – Define the Problem
- D3 – Develop Containment Actions
- D4 – Identify and Verify Root Causes
- D5 – Identify Corrective Action
- D6 – Implement Corrective Actions
- D7 – Define and Plan Preventive Action
- D8 – Recognise the Team
Following a robust problem solving approach is critical to ensure that root causes are correctly identified and eliminated to prevent future occurrence of repeat issues. The AS13000 standard requires that suppliers use the 8D process to respond to a customer request for corrective and preventive action.
Who should attend:
The course is primarily aimed at those who will lead supplier 8D problem solving activities.
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
The 8D problem solving approach can be applied to a wide variety of issues â€“ quality, equipment downtime, process audit failure etc. The robust application of 8D problem solving will support:
- Improved customer performance – quality and delivery
- Reduced costs of non-performance
- Improved process adherence and efficiency
- AS13000 introduction and requirements
- Problem solving overview
- Root causes vs firefighting
- Problem detection
- Problem solving and standard work
- 8D steps overview
- Communication and listening
- D0 – Immediate containment, escape points
- D1 – Form the team, effective team-working
- Stakeholder management in problem solving
- D2 – Define the problem
- Data collection and analysis tools
- Is/ Is Not analysis, functional analysis
- D3 – Develop containment actions
- D4 – Identify and verify root cause(s)
- Brainstorming, cause and effect analysis, 5 Why, Fault tree analysis
- D5 – Identify corrective actions
- Human factors and mistake proofing
- Visual management and standard work
- D6 – Implement corrective actions
- Management of change overview principles
- Verification techniques and control plan linkage
- D7 – Define and plan preventative actions
- Problem solving and FMEA alignment
- D8 – Recognise the team
- Documentation for problem solving
Accreditation as an 8D Problem Solving Practitioner is through course attendance, an exam and subsequent application of the approach, tools and techniques.
Why choose Industry Forum:
Through partnerships with both trade associations and leading companies in the Automotive, Aerospace and other engineering industries Industry Forum is able to keep up to date with the latest requirements in APQP.
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills.
They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Training can be offered either through open courses or in-house to suit the customer requirements.
Course booking details:
|Date & Time||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|26/11/2019 - 27/11/2019 09:00 - 17:00||Birmingham, United Kingdom||£415||Spaces Available||Book|
- +44 (0)121 717 6600