If you would like to find out more about this course, or discuss running this in-house then please click the Enquire button.
Since 1973 the CPIM program has educated more than 90,000 manufacturing professionals on essential terminology, concepts, and strategies related to demand management, procurement and supplier planning, material requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, sales and operations planning, master scheduling, performance measurements, supplier relationships, quality control and continuous improvement.
- Strategic Management of Resources
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
Who should attend:
- Those who require a broader knowledge of strategic responsibility within a supply chain and need to develop or extend their understanding of supply chains at a strategic level.
- People who work in a supply chain planning environment or require a fuller understanding of management and planning in regard to demand, procurement, supplier and materials requirement.
- Those who require a broader knowledge of the tools and techniques involved in detailed planning or who wish to understand more about this area.who require a broader knowledge of the tools and techniques involved in detailed planning or who wish to understand more about this area.
- People wishing to broaden their knowledge of managing activities around control and continuous and are involved in analytical activities or who wish to understand more about this area
This course is a recognised subject within its own right, this course is also one of the core modules in the full APICS CPIM programme and is ideal for those who wish to gain CPIM in bite sized pieces
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Explore complex concepts within the APICS body of knowledge
- Understand the relationships of existing and emerging processes and technologies
- Understand various, interrelated business environments
- How to develop and implement business and operations strategy
- Recognise all demands for goods and services to support the market place
- Bring together all the plans for the business
- Plan the distribution network and replenishment
- Understand the various functions within a company such as purchasing, planning, finance and engineering which are linked by the MPR system
- Plan inventory tactics including MRP, CRP, Lean and TOC
- Compare actual outputs and plans to take appropriate corrective action
- Improve your understanding of the execution of quality initiatives and continuous improvement plans
?Master Planning of Resources
- Demand Management
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Master Scheduling
- Distribution Planning
Detailed Scheduling & Planning
- Inventory Management
- Planning Material Requirements to support the Master Schedule
- Planning Operations to Support the Priority Plan
- Planning Procurement and External Sources of Supply
Execution & Control of Operations
- Execution of Operations
- Control of Operations
- Quality, Communication, and Continuous Improvement
- Design Concepts and Trade-Offs
Strategic management of Resources
- Understanding the Business Environment and Developing Corporate Strategy
- Developing the Operations Strategy
- Implementing the Operations Strategy
The APICS CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) programme focusses on an organisation’s internal operations taking an in-depth look at the production and inventory activities within the internal operations of a company providing a comprehensive view of materials management, master scheduling, forecasting, production planning and much more. To date, over 100,000+ professionals are CPIM certified.
To earn the APICS CPIM designation, operations management professionals must successfully pass the CPIM Part 1 and Part 2 exams.
Why choose Industry Forum?
Industry Forum is an approved APICS Channel Partner offering a comprehensive range of Supply Chain training and consultancy services.
Industry Forum helps major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance.
An integrated team of consultants and practitioners – all seasoned expert engineers with multi-sector manufacturing experience – Industry Forum brings together a world-class combination of improvement competency, insight, process and best practice.
Spanning automotive, aerospace, construction, consumer appliance, electronics and food sectors, for over 20 years Industry Forum has planned and delivered some of the world’s most consistent and successful transformations for business-critical manufacturing operations.
Our trainers are expert practitioners in Supply Chain Management with hands-on industrial experience and highly developed communication skills. They have a wealth of technical expertise and often provide on-site advice and coaching. During every course we will encourage collaboration and sharing of practical experiences, ensuring learning can be put into context and empowering delegates to apply their new skills successfully in their workplace as well as making sustainable improvements.
Course booking details:
|Date & Time||Venue||Cost||Availability||Take Action|
|02/12/2019 - 06/02/2020 09:00 - 17:00||Birmingham, United Kingdom||£1,899||Spaces Available||Book|
- +44 (0)121 717 6600