Best practices for New Product Introduction process have been in existence for nearly 3 decades now. Since inception a number of organisations have adopted these best practices to launch successful new products. Adopting best practices in new product introduction within supply chain provides confidence for the customer to partner on new programme developments and in turn provides growth opportunities for an organisation.
Organisations today are using new business processes, approaches and enabling technologies to continually improve New Product Introduction (NPI) processes in pursuit of launch excellence. With available resources improving all aspects of new product introduction at once is next to impossible. On the other hand some of the improvement opportunities are obvious for the team whereas others may require more structured assessment approach. A structured assessment will help to answer questions like;
- What are our strengths and weaknesses?
- Is our NPI process aligned with our strategic objectives?
- What improvements need to be made and what are the priorities given the resources available?
Industry Forum has developed an effectiveness assessment for new product launch. The assessment combines the current state process mapping approach following Lean principles and a technical assessment considering the best practice criteria to launch new products. A facilitated approach is taken to build consensus in the team on how far the best practice needs to be implemented considering the needs of business.
- Detailed and structured current state NPI assessment with gap areas clearly identified
- Cross functional alignment on improvements required in area of NPI
- Independent view of current state NPI process maturity
What is covered
The assessment process covers:
- Review of current state NPI process and business needs for NPI
- Capture current state and target maturity for each section of NPI process
- Summary of strengths and improvement opportunities for each section of NPI
- Recommendations on improvement plan for highlighted opportunities
NPI technical assessment is completed in 3 days for a built to print organisation. For an organisation with product design responsibility the assessment is completed in 4 days
Industry Forum NPI technical assessment has helped us immensely in understanding the improvements required with our current state NPI practices
Discussions during NPI assessment helped the team to build consensus on improvement required in cross functional areas
It was good to understand benchmark NPI practices through NPI assessment and at the same time set realistic improvement targets within our business environment
For further information and an initial and confidential discussion of your needs, please call +44 (0)121 717 6600 or email us today.