In today’s global economy, it is vital to be constantly improving faster than your competitors to grow or even maintain profitability. This need to improve is almost universally recognised. But you need to know where your improvement effort should be focused to achieve the best results.
The key to reaching and sustaining world leading competitiveness is not a series of randomly selected improvement events. It is to have a vision of the future state of a process and a strategic plan for making that vision a reality.
Value Stream Mapping is a powerful technique which allows you to visualise all of the processes and activities involved in delivering your product to your customer.
Utilising a practical 4 stage approach, Value Stream Mapping helps you understand the current state of your value stream, identify waste and opportunities for improvement, develop a strategic future state map and implementation plan to achieve it.
- Lead times reduced from 7 weeks to 4 weeks
- Inventory reduced by 53%
- Internal Right First Time improved by 61%
- % of Value Adding Activities increased by 350%
- Labour cost reduced by £276,000
- Greater Team understanding of current processes
- Improved Customer/Supplier relationships