Do you have extensive experience leading or implementing Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programmes within a complex manufacturing company?
Industry Forum teams work with UK and global companies to help them achieve their strategic objectives through the application of Lean, TPM and six sigma methodologies. To support our expanding client base both in the UK and overseas, across many sectors, Industry Forum is recruiting a Senior TPM Consultant Engineer to join our team with strong experience of facilitating and implementing TPM, particularly in line with the Japanese Institute of Plant Maintenance (JIPM) 12 step approach.
Our TPM teams guide and coach clients to:
- Establish stable performance prior to launching TPM
- Establish the pillar and governance structure to drive strategically aligned activities
- Complete strategic and loss diagnostic activities to identify activity work streams
- Implement TPM pilot programmes combining the Focussed Improvement (FI), Autonomous Maintenance (AM), Planned Maintenance (PM) and Training and Education (T&E) pillars
- Develop and implement the site wide roll out plan for the first four pillars
- Follow a structured approach to implement the Early Management (EM), Quality Maintenance (QM), Office TPM (OM) and Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)pillars
- Drive effective long term sustainable implementation to deliver strategic objectives
The established Industry Forum TPM team combines full time Engineers with associate network support. Senior TPM Consultant Engineers normally work alone, however there is a high level of team work and supporting management structure within client and internal activities. Senior TPM Consultant Engineers are expected to travel extensively across the UK and overseas, supported by a robust work life balance policy.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- A minimum five years of industrial experience, including management responsibility,
- An appropriate degree or equivalent training in Engineering, Material Sciences, Manufacturing Systems or similar
- A strong customer focus with a track record of delivering performance objectives
- The capability to deliver core Lean improvement tools
- The ability to lead and work with teams, building relationships at all levels within an organisation
- Successful delivery of the first four pillars of Total Productive Maintenance (FI,AM,PM,T&E) supported by effective governance structures
- Transferring capability to teams through effective presentation and activity facilitation
- Commercial acumen with the ability to translate improvement objectives and results into tangible financial impact
- A strong team playing ethos seeking to get involved in all aspects of the business including internal development
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
The following skills and competencies would be beneficial:
- The ability to implement one or more of the Early Management (EM), Quality Maintenance (QM), Office TPM (OM) and Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) pillars
- Specialist maintenance experience or relevant qualifications in a TPM related subject
- Demonstration of leading TPM activities within a JIPM global award winning factory
- Industrial management experience
- Additional language capability
- Previous consulting experience either within a large organisation or a consulting practice
Industry Forum provides excellent personal development opportunities both academically and within multiple industry sectors. Senior Consultant Engineers who deliver high levels of performance and customer satisfaction are encouraged to progress within the organisation to more senior technical and management roles.
If you feel that you have the skills and knowledge to join our successful team please apply for this position via our on-line advertisement.