Do you have extensive experience leading or implementing Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) programmes within a complex manufacturing company?
Industry Forum teams work with UK and global companies to help them achieve their strategic objectives through the application of Lean, TPM and six sigma methodologies. To support our expanding client base both in the UK and overseas, across many sectors, Industry Forum is recruiting a Principal TPM Consultant to join our team with extensive experience of facilitating and implementing TPM in line with the Japanese Institute of Plant Maintenance (JIPM) 12 step approach.
Our TPM teams guide and coach clients to:
- Establish stable performance prior to launching TPM
- Establish the pillar and governance structure to drive strategically aligned activities
- Complete strategic and loss diagnostic activities to identify activity work streams
- Implement TPM pilot programmes combining the Focussed Improvement (FI), Autonomous Maintenance (AM), Planned Maintenance (PM) and Training and Education (T&E) pillars
- Develop and implement the site wide roll out plan for the first four pillars
- Follow a structured approach to implement the Early Management (EM), Quality Maintenance (QM), Office TPM (OM) and Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)pillars
- Drive effective long term sustainable implementation to deliver strategic objectives
The established Industry Forum TPM team combines full time Engineers with associate network support. Consultant Engineers normally work alone, however there is a high level of team work and supporting management structure within client and internal activities.
The Principal TPM Consultant will take an additional lead role in;
- The commercial development and programme management of complex client activities
- Leading teams of Consultant Engineers and associates within multi-site client programmes
- The continuous improvement of delivery materials and development training of other team members
Principal TPM Consultants are expected to travel extensively across the UK and overseas, supported by a robust work life balance policy.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- A minimum eight years of industrial experience, including management responsibility
- Have an appropriate degree in Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, Manufacturing Systems or similar
- A strong customer focus with a track record of delivering performance objectives in challenging environments
- The capability to deliver core Lean improvement tools
- The ability to lead and work with teams from the boardroom to shop floor, persuading others and building relationships
- Successful delivery of the eight pillars of Total Productive Maintenance supported by effective governance structures
- Demonstration of leading TPM activities to achieve a JIPM global excellence award or equivalent standard
- Transferring capability to management and pillar teams through effective presentation and activity facilitation
- Strong business acumen, translating commercial strategy into improvement objectives and results into tangible financial impact
- A strong team playing ethos seeking to get involved in all aspects of the business including leading internal skills and material development
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
The following skills and competencies would be beneficial:
- Specialist maintenance experience or relevant qualifications in a TPM related subject
- Demonstration of leading TPM activities within a higher level JIPM global award winning factory
- Senior industrial management experience
- Additional language capability
- Previous consulting and consultative sales experience either within a large organisation or a consulting practice
Industry Forum provides excellent personal development opportunities both academically and within multiple industry sectors.
Principal Consultant Engineers who deliver high levels of performance and customer satisfaction are encouraged to progress within the organisation to the most senior technical and management roles.
Principal Consultant Engineers are provided with defined contribution pension, personal healthcare, company car or allowance and bonus potential.
If you feel that you have the skills and knowledge to join our successful team please apply for this position via our on-line advertisement.