Do you have experience in New Product Introduction?
Would you like to work for global manufacturing organisations?
Due to continued growth we are seeking to develop our service offerings and increase the capability of our consulting team in New Product Introduction (NPI).
You are a New Product Introduction (NPI) professional with 5 years’ experience in managing and delivering new products into volume production in a complex engineered goods environment (automotive, aerospace or industrial products). You have detailed knowledge of new product introduction programme management structures and associated tools with a proven track record of successfully launching products into volume production.
You will be responsible for designing and delivering NPI consulting/interim contracts to a high degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction, in major clients and/or multi-site environments. On large programmes you will lead small teams of junior consulting staff to design, develop and implement client programmes. You will play a leadership role during the delivery phase of consulting programmes whilst providing day-to-day technical coaching and guidance to junior staff. You will manage client relationships from sales lead through to programme closure. As well as developing consulting and training materials to continuously increase the capability of our organisation.
5 years’ experience in a New Product Introduction (NPI) Leadership position within a complex engineered goods sector (Automotive, Aerospace or Industrial Products).
Have knowledge and strong technical capability on the following areas.
- NPI process structure, gateways, phases, milestones, deliverables etc.
- Professional and certified programme management capability (Prince2 or similar)
- Detailed understanding of AIAG NPI disciplines
- Detailed knowledge of AIAG standard APQP, PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA, QFD and the relationship with the NPI process
- Programme feasibility – process, tools & techniques
- Manufacturing feasibility
- Product & process definition
- Product & process development tools and techniques
- Product & process validation – PFMEA, control plans, virtual builds, pilot builds, de-snags, issue resolution tracking and management etc.
- Supplier management and the integration with the NPI process
- Technology or concept selection/de-selection tools and techniques
- Manufacturing readiness disciplines, processes, tools and techniques
- A strong customer focus, with a focus on quality, delivery and customer service. The candidate needs to be consistent in exceeding customer expectations
- A strong intellect, capable of rapidly assimilating the key information within a business, in order to determine, define and deliver objectives in line with client needs
- Financial acumen to translate improvement activities into tangible bottom line benefits
- A confident, accomplished style, with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Able to persuade others, manage stakeholders and build relationships at senior levels within the client
- Ability to deal with conflict or complex people issues
- A strong team-playing ethos and a positive can-do attitude combined with the enthusiasm to get involved in all aspects of the business and a willingness to travel extensively
- Programme, project and resource management capability
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous or complex situations autonomously
- Previous consulting experience
- Lean manufacturing
- Supply chain management
- Management systems – ISO9001, TS16949, VDA6.3, AS9100
- Supplier evaluation & development
- Supplier Quality Engineer expertise
About Our Company:
Industry Forum provides excellent personal development opportunities both academically and within multiple industry sectors. Consultants who deliver high levels of performance and customer satisfaction are encouraged to progress within the organisation to more senior management roles.
If you feel that you have the skills and knowledge to join our successful team please apply for this position via our on-line advertisement.