You are an APICS qualified supply chain professional with more than 5 years operational experience in managing and transforming supply chains in complex engineered goods e.g. automotive, aerospace or industrial products sectors. You should have a detailed working knowledge of APICS supply chain processes from demand management through to finished goods distribution and have a proven track record of successfully leading supply chain transformations operating in a leadership or consultative capacity. APICS certification to CPIM or CSCP standard is a mandatory requirement for this job role.
Due to rapid and sustainable growth we are seeking to develop and enhance our service offerings and increase the capability of our consulting team in Supply Chain Management to undertake the UKs largest supply chain development programmes.
The Supply Chain Management Consultant is responsible for designing and delivering supply chain management consulting/interim contracts to a high degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction, in major clients and/or multi-site environments. On large programmes the role will lead small teams of more junior consulting staff to design, develop and implement client programmes. The position will play a key leadership role during the delivery phase of consulting programmes whilst providing day-to-day technical coaching and guidance to more consulting junior staff. The consultant manages the client relationship from sales lead through to programme closure. The position is also responsible for developing consulting and training materials to continuously increase the capability of our organisation.
- APICS certification to CSCP or CPIM standard with a commitment to APICS CPD is a mandatory requirement of this job role.
- 5 years experience in a Supply Chain Management position within a complex engineered goods sector – e.g Automotive, Aerospace or Industrial Products.
Have a detailed knowledge and strong technical capability on the following areas of expertise.
- Demand management and forecasting.
- Capacity planning.
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP).
- Orders management.
- Master scheduling.
- Production shop floor planning.
- Inventory planning and management – Inventory record accuracy, BoM accuracy etc.
- Supply chain management – Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Developing & implementing supply chain strategy.
- Education first degree level.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP/supply chain management systems e.g. SAP, QAD, MacPac, JD Edwards.
- Extensive experience of delivering supply chain management transformations in a consultative or interim management capacity.
- A strong customer focuses, with a clear focus on quality, delivery and customer service. The candidate needs to be consistent in exceeding customer expectations.
- A strong intellect, capable of rapidly assimilating the key information within a business, in order to determine, define and deliver objectives in line with client needs.
- Financial acumen to support clients to translate improvement activities into tangible bottom line benefits.
- A confident, accomplished style, with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Able to persuade others, manage stakeholders and build relationships at senior levels within the client.
- Ability to deal with conflict or complex people issues.
- A strong team-playing ethos and a positive can-do attitude combined with the enthusiasm to get involved in all aspects of the business and a willingness to travel extensively.
- Programme, project and resource management capability.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous or complex situations autonomously.
- No travel restrictions.
- Previous consulting experience either internally within a large multi-national or externally.
- Ability to teach and run engaging class room sessions.
- Lean manufacturing.
- New product introduction.
- Supplier evaluation & development.
- Supplier Quality Engineer expertise.
We are an expanding, dynamic organisation working in a fast paced environment. Our core values of professionalism, passion, integrity, collaboration and innovation define who we are and how we work with each other, customers, suppliers and partners.
Industry Forum provides excellent personal development opportunities both academically and within multiple industry sectors. Consultant s who deliver high levels of performance and customer satisfaction are encouraged to progress within the organisation to more senior technical and management roles.
If you feel that you have the skills and knowledge to join our successful team please apply for this position via our on-line advertisement.